Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Powder River, Let 'er Buck

So apparently we are such huge Wyoming Cowboys fans that we drove to Laramie, WY (a 5 1/2 hour drive) to watch them play against Air Force. We froze, the cowboys lost, and we drove home. Of course it was a fun filled day despite the loss because we got to spend 17 hours with each other driving the open Wyoming road under the big Wyoming skies.
It was a learning experience as well.
We got to teach our kids about wind harvesting as we past the giant wind turbines:

How to proudly hold up those foam fingers and yell for the pokes "Powder River, Let 'er Buck!"

How to accomplish a "cup check" while in motion and avoiding a tackle

No boot is too big to stand on

And big Wyoming skies provide big Wyoming sunsets

P.S. Just as a side note, I am not really a Wyoming Cowboy fan, per say. If they win, great. If not, I'm not to upset about it. If I were to claim a team that I am a true college football fan of I would have to say "O--S--U! Oregon State, fight, fight, fight" (you can see my arms over my head doing that cheer, can't ya?)

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Haha you make me laugh. I am teaching Carter the Cougar Fight song,but that is about my extent of football fanatics

'T' said...

kim your photos are sweet. what kind of camera do you use? good job, and all memories last, even when you have to drve 5.5 hrs to get there :) TINIEL

Kendrie said...

hey mom i have to addmit thats was really fun ilove you

kendrie

savvy.blogspot.com said...

I OVE YOUR PICS.!!!! YOUR BLOG IS SO CUTE!
LOVE,
SAVANNAH