Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Update

So I got the job. Started Dec. 5th. Which is part of the reason I haven't posted anything for a while...lack of "during the day free time". The other part can be blamed on having involved children (sorry, young adults) who insist on me being their taxi driver to various activities and events. Not complaining at all. I love to see them involved and enjoying themselves.

Kendrie performed for choir and cheer during December and will be singing the Star Spangled Banner with her choir group at an Idaho Stampede game on the 20th. She has 2 more basketball games to cheer at in the next couple weeks and is busy with YWs and "hanging out" with Alisa (that would be her BFF).

Kort is continuing his swimming lessons twice a week and is improving greatly. Scouts has been on hold for Dec. but will pick up again this week....with me no longer as an assistant den leader.
Funny story about that. So most of these boys in the Bear's Den are some of the most disrespectful boys I have seen. So, I have taken it upon myself to "redirect" their thinking on this matter. I use my loudish inside voice and inform them that that behavior will not be tolerated and they will stop immediately. Needless to say, I am not a favorite amongst them, but my intentions were not to be so. Anyway, because of the new job, I have been a bit strapped for time and felt the need to ask to be released from scouts in order to juggle home life appropriately. Two days later the Primary Presidency was at my door. I was asked to assist the Primary teacher for the 9 year olds. Assist, specifically, in the discipline of said class. I laughed. I am looking forward to seeing their faces when I walk in the room. Bwahahaha!! :D
So pretty much the same calling, I just get to do it for 2 hours and in a dress now.  Yup, funny story.

Back to the job....for those who don't know, I'm a "Member Service Representative" at First Tech Credit Union in the HP building here in Boise. It has been a challenge at times. Learning how to do a transaction is not as easy as some may think...there are a lot of tabs you have to go through to get something completed. Memorizing where those tabs are and in which order are proving to be a bit difficult. But the ladies I work with are eager to help and the members, for the most part, are quite patient with me. I'm pretty sure I will have it all down by the time I leave. Which is around the 2nd week of March. I am sure I will be more than ready to be a stay at home mom again by then :) Something else that is hard to get used to: people smells. 2nd hand smoke and coffee breath is about the worst. However, getting spit on isn't that fabulous either. Of course I try to pretend nothing happened...don't want to embarrass the member, but it's a good thing I have my giant container of Clorox wipes at my desk. Say it, don't spray it, my friends! :)

Until next time...Happy New Year!




3 comments:

belle la vie- Kristen Archer said...

Hey, congrats on the job. Why are you quitting? Do you have something else exciting lined up?! We miss you guys, hope you are doing well!

KimiK said...

oh it isn't a quitting thing. I was just hired to cover a maternity leave. So when she comes back to work the beginning of March, I will be done. Nothing else lined up right now though. :)

Patti & Dave Wynn Family said...

Kim, we miss your sense of humor. You say it like it is and I love that. Maybe she won't come back from maternity leave or maybe they will like you better. You never know. Thanks for the update.