5 years ago I was at Lagoon 9 months pregnant with Kortlan on the Saturday before his birthday. How fitting it was to be at Lagoon with him the Saturday before his birthday 5 years later. Kortlan's day began with a surprise gift in the garage. He didn't see it at first and we had to point it out to him. He loves his new bike and rides it almost daily.
.jpg)
We went to Lagoon with some friends of ours. All the kids had so much fun.
My favorite was watching all of them float down the Rattlesnake Rapids and get completely drenched. I think it is so funny that everyone tries to duck out of the way of the water. There is just no hiding from it!

.jpg)
A little Wild Mouse to dry out Kort's hair!
.jpg)
At the end of the day, what really counts is the friends you were there with and how many prizes Daddy won for you!
.jpg)
Back at the house, we had a pirate party. I found this pirate cake at the local Smith's. Kortlan loved it and asked that we not eat it so he could save it to play with. .jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
On Monday, the actual day of his birthday, I took him to Toys R Us for a shopping spree just him and me. He got to pick out 3 things that he just couldn't live without. Here is one of them..jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)


5 comments:
Looks like quite the party. Hey, I like you dining room chandelier.
Looks like fun!
...and what were you doing at Lagoon at nine-months along?!?!
What a fun day! I love the cake!
Amy
I didn't realize our boys are close in age. Grant turns 5 this December. You look great Kim!
OK, this is pretty selfish; but I really wish I had friends who commented on my blog. I wish I had friends who had a blog. It's really fun to connect this way -- isn't it? You girls are all so cute and fun. Makes me wish I was young -er again. Maybe not in the baby stage younger, though. I get tired just reading about your 24/7s with children. But I loved being a mom of children at home back then. . . way back then.
Post a Comment