Friday, May 18, 2007

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

My sister missionary returned to Temple Square on Wednesday. She flew in from her 4 month mission transfer in Georgia. She will be at Temple Square until the end of her mission in September. I so miss her and can't wait to see her. However, I don't want to be a pest, but it is so hard being so close and not go down there to see her. I know she has a higher calling right now than meeting my selfish needs, I will try to refrain from driving down there. Anyway, I picked up my mom from the airport on Tuesday night and Wednesday we made Kourtney's favorite: Macaroni Salad. We drove it down to Temple Square and left it in the break room refrigerator so she would have it when she got back that afternoon. While we were there I took the opportunity to snap a few pictures. It was such a beautiful day. There was a couple getting their wedding pictures taken in front of the temple and Kortlan told me to take their picture. He thought it was so awesome that they got married there. I didn't take a picture of them, I felt weird taking someone else's wedding pictures, especially ones I didn't know. But these are a few of my favorites from that day:
Can you imagine the how the world would be if every single person lived according to these laws and statutes? What a wonderful dream! One of my favorites, especially during this time of war:
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty
What a strong, powerful sentence! It gives me goose bumps.
We arrived at the newly remodeled Tabernacle just in time to hear the acoustic demonstration. Without a microphone, we were able to here a pin drop so loud that it sounded like a spoon hitting the floor. Amazing acoustics in a beautiful and unique building.














1 comments:

kg said...

Kim, I think that is one of the nicest temple shots I've seen! I love it! It's different, I like the angle, the flowers and the sun. Nice job!

Yes, I think the world would be a wonderful place if only.....the Gospel truly is wonderful, thanks for sharing.