Monday, July 9, 2007

Happy Birthday USA!

The past 5 years has been full of tradition over the week of the 4th of July: Old Navy T-shirts, fishing, parades, and my personal favorite, Taco Spaghetti - compliments of Ross Park Drive In. What is taco spaghetti, you ask? Why it is a delightful concoction of spaghetti noodles topped with a taco flavored red sauce and cheddar cheese, garnished with a warm slice of garlic bread. Fabulous, I tell you. Simply fabulous. (just be sure to take your Prilosec before enjoying!)
After our tasty treats, we frolicked in the park where we encountered a local climbing the trees. Isn't he cute? I wonder if he is up to date on his immunizations....
Kendrie and Kort with their Dad
A few swingin' shots:
Every year I have to collect a picture of the kids sitting on the rocks at the park. This is their "look how much I have grown" spot in the world.
A good BBQ in the backyard and some laughs prepared us of the night life that was about to come to life. The show started with a beautiful sunset.
Kendrie then entertained us with her glow stick tricks in the dark.
And finally a little after 10:30, the "Biggest Show in Idaho" began:
(This is the best in focus shot I got, I still need practice with night pictures on my camera)
After the show was over we packed up our belongings and walked 5 blocks to Jim's brothers house to light our own firework show. This is the only proof I have that I was actually at this event, lighting fountains for the kids to close their eyes to because they are so very bright and for them to cover their ears because they are so very loud. Why is it that we do this? We make ourselves blind and deaf and then get in a car and drive home?
Just for the fun of it. Just because we can. Just because I love lighting things... oh, wait I guess that would make me a pyromaniac, I guess that is why I always passed my fire building certification at Girls Camp.
Happy 4th of July! Happy to have Independence and Freedom! God bless America!



3 comments:

kg said...

Good to know Girls camp made a good impact :) I love Kendrie's shorts and all these pictures!

Ditto Family said...

I love the swing shots!! So fun that you have traditions for the 4th of July!

vickyj said...

I can't believe Kendrie and Kortlan are still wearing those flag shorts I made them how many years ago? I should plan on sewing again next year. They will surely grown out them soon. (Here comes the blurt) this seems to be the only way I can contribute to the 4th of July celebration. Sorry. Had to do it.