Saturday, June 30th, we drove out to Flaming Gorge and spent the day on the lake with our friends Josh and Dana and their family. This was the first time Kendrie and Kortlan had been on a boat and they were like fish in water. It was a beautiful day other than the smokey haze that filled the air. The huge, out of control Uinta mountain fire had filled the gorge with smoke.

Kortlan had been talking about going out on the boat for over a week. Constant questions about how fast it goes, how do we get in the boat when it is in the water, is the water cold, can we go swimming, do we get to eat on the boat. Questions, questions, questions for over a week. Finally, he got to find out for himself. He had perma-grin all day!
Once we found a nice quiet spot, we stopped and let the kids jump out. The water was as cold as Lake Tahoe and we found ourselves struggling to catch our breath. Kortlan loved it! He was swimming around all over the place. He and Kendrie even decided they were going to swim to shore and took off. Jim had to jump in and swim with them because they were determined to swim to shore all by themselves. No fear with these two! I guess that's what keeps my heart beating, every now and then it gets a good jump start!

Kort and his good friend Joseph, a.k.a. JoJo. These 2 boys are so similar, same color hair, same color eyes, same color skin. Other than Kortlan is a head taller, Dana and I find ourselves "mothering" one thinking he is our own and then we realize it is the other one, especially when they are wearing the same color clothes. Cute boys!
5 comments:
What fun! I had to do a double-take on the last photo to see out which one was Kortlan.
Did you guys have a ski boat growing up, I can't remember? Maybe that was the Romrells and Jurgens??
I like the red, white and blue theme!
What a fun day!
We did have a boat. We bought Romrell's old one when they bought a new one.
Brings back memories! I miss the boat and all the adventures!
Post a Comment