Saturday, October 27, 2007

October Update

Wow, is October over already? It sure has been a busy month with everything from snow, thunderstorms, 75 degree weather, to me getting a job, Kortlan getting pneumonia, and Jim turning a year older. Not to mention pumpkin patch field trips with 5 Kindergarten classes and a Halloween party. Here's a look at some of our happenings:
First, the field trip. Kortlan's first one. He was so excited for over a week. The day finally came and he spent almost 10 minutes walking up and down the rows of pumpkins looking for that perfect one.
The 3 trailers full of Kindergartners startled the thousands of birds in the corn and we were treated to a scene from Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds movie:
Corn mazes, pipe slides and lots of other farm adventures filled the next hour and a half until it was time to return to the school. I think Kortlan was more excited to be on the bus. It was his first time. A day full of firsts and fun.

Then Jim turned a year older. Kourtney baked him a German chocolate cake and we put on as many candles as we could find, 32. Just a few short. Happy Birthday, Jim!
Pebbles and Bamm Bamm go to party! I really don't have anything to say about this one. Enjoy!
Kendrie and her friend Oliva tryin' on the wigs. Ain't Halloween FUN?!
What are you dressing up as?









6 comments:

Mama Nirvana said...

Wow! You've had a fun month! I'm still waiting to hear what your job is.

Amy

KimiK said...

Nothing too interesting. I work for the company that Jim works for putting customer retention packages together for car dealerships as well as mailers for various companies. It is fast work that allows me to organize and sort papers in numerical order (something that I enjoy. Seriously, when I am bored at home, I reorganize my kitchen drawers). Anyway, I get paid good and it gets me out of the house for a few hours a day while Kort is in Kindergarten.

KimiK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ditto Family said...

What a fun month! I was curious about your job too. Sounds like the perfect money maker and not too much time. Your Halloween costume was great!

kg said...

Birds movie was scary, as for your costumes...you always had good Halloween costumes :) Me...I go as myself :)

Meta said...

Love the costume!! So very cute. Next year, I'm taking my kids to a 'real' pumpkin patch. They probably think they grow in a big crate in front of the store!