Jim and I had to work the week of Spring Break and Kendrie had an orthodontist appt. on Monday. So we met my parents in Burley, ID to hand the kids over to them. We had a fabulous breakfast at Connor's and then went our separate ways. On our way to Twin Falls, I mentioned that I hadn't been to Shoshone Falls during the Spring when it was at it's fullest. So we took a side trip over the gorge to soak up the scenery.
Oh but the drive didn't stop there! We decided to take the scenic route home and drove to Sun Valley as well. We walked around Ketchem (where I discovered an acute sensitiveness to altitude...) and found our way to Galena Summit. The snow banks on the side of the road was so high! I climbed up the face of one only to see the top of a "Historical Site" sign just peeking out of the snow by my feet.Very cold and very windy...
But this was the view:
A few more hours and a lot of windy windy roads (complete with sun/tree strobe lights...bleck!) and we found ourselves pulling into one of my new favorite small towns...Idaho City. We had a wonderful dinner at Trudy's (chicken fried steak and garlic mashed potatoes. YUM!) and took home a piece of their amazing Dutch apple pie for later...since we were so full...and ate it on the couch in our jammies while snuggling in my favorite Sherpa blanket.
It was a good day indeed.



0 comments:
Post a Comment