Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Let it begin . . .

The start of a new year; exciting, hopeful, refreshing, bright.
Let's hope the first day of the year doesn't dictate how the rest of the year will be:
Monday, January 1, 2007: a showing of our home directed us the the bright lights of Vegas for a few hours. One might think that this would be fun and exciting, it was until we were just north of the Speedway. Maggie, our 2 year old Yorkie, jumped up on my lap and well, let's say she had an accident. Not a great way to start out the day, or the year for that matter. Thank goodness we were not far from a gas station. After much cleaning up in the bathroom, we journeyed on to the Vegas Outlet Mall to replace my soiled clothes. I am glad that Kortlan let me borrow his "ditty" to use as a cover up until we got there. I am sure the interstate traffic and the mall parking lot did not need to see me in my underwear. Later, on our way home, we stopped for a light lunch and I was fortunate enough to step in a freshly disposed of piece of gum just before getting back in the car and had a drink spill on my new jeans before we pulled out of the parking lot. Needless to say, when we finally got home, I put on my PJ's and sat in a chair the rest of the day.

This new year still finds us trying to sell our home. We are hoping we will sell it soon. It has been 7 months now and we are ready to unpack these boxes, permanently. Jim loves his job though, that makes it all worth it. And I must say, after spending 2 weeks in 20 degrees or less, I am very grateful for the sunshine and 60 degrees. No inversions either. Anyway, Happy New Year! May all the best find you always.

2 comments:

kg said...

Yay for blogging! It will be fun to check in on you now :) Did you get moved, how are things going? Can't wait to see some pics!
Kim

Jessy_Roo16 said...

I love this kim its sweeeeet. How do I add you to my blog friendlist?! Im stuck