March 2nd, the day of celebration for Dr. Seuss and his elaborate characters. Deseret Book in the mall had a party for the Cat in the Hat last night. We took the kids and they really enjoyed themselves. When we got there they had just started reading the Cat in the Hat book to the kids who were already there. Kendrie and Kortlan sat down in front and enjoyed the story. Kortlan was a little more interested in the 8 foot cat standing behind the reader though. His facial expressions always make me laugh. He definitely shows his thoughts on his face.
.jpg)

After the stories were read, they brought out a birthday cake and the kids sang Happy Birthday to the Cat in the Hat. I was a little concerned at some of the parents who were getting into the song a little more than most of the kids, however. Anyway, after they passed out the cupcakes and hats, we headed back to the car. As we were walking I noticed Kortlan trying to eat this cupcake that had red frosting on it. He looked as though he wanted to throw up. "This cake doesn't taste very good." He said. Knowing what red frosting tastes like, I scraped it off and gave him just the cake. "This is the best cake ever." He ate it in less than a minute.

We finally made it out of the Friday night mall craze and back to the car just in time to witness this beautiful moon rise over the mountains. It is a little out of focus, but I think it turned out ok. I haven't perfected the photos-without-a-flash technique yet. I think I need to buy a tripod. Although my birthday is coming up....hmmm, thought provoking, isn't it?
.jpg)

1 comments:
Why do people use red frosting when it is so gaggy? It definitely is not for human consumption.
Amy
Post a Comment