I hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend. My mom and dad came down to spend the weekend with us. Saturday we went to Lagoon and discovered that Kort is tall enough to ride all the rides now! And he was determined to do so, against my wanting him to, however. Kendrie got Jim to go on the Fire Dragon with her and Kortlan thought that it was a good idea that he got to go to. I don't do well on this ride, but he was so determined, so I gave in. While we were standing in line I tried to bribe him with a dollar not to go. He told me no, he was going on this ride. I asked him why he had to go on this ride and he told me because he was trying to be tough! The ride scared him terribly. He didn't cry, but he didn't want to go on the big rides anymore. And I rediscovered why I don't go on the big rides, too. My stomach just can't handle being flipped around like that anymore. Does that mean I'm getting old? Anyway, we wandered around some more and let the kids play some games and then came home and crashed. Just for a little while, though, my mom and I had to get some baking done and the kids needed to get those eggs colored!
Easter morning started with the faster than fast egg hunt. Kortlan didn't want to let go of the eggs he found but he could pick up anymore either, this is the perplexed look he gave me. 
Kendrie's basket had the Junie B. Jones book "Dumb Bunny" in it. Grandpa wanted to see why Junie B. Jones was dressed up in a pink bunny costume, so for about an hour or so they layed out on the mini-trampoline and read the whole book. Kendrie enjoyed this to no end. 
Dad's turn! After a good book one must wrestle and be tickled by their father!
.jpg)
Our parting shot - Maggie with her face in the carpet, pouting because I wouldn't give her any ham, or potatoes, or salad, or rolls, or . . .

.jpg)

1 comments:
I loved seeing the picture of your dad. Sounds like you had a fun Easter.
Amy
Post a Comment